I'm on the final proof-reading stages of the latest issue of Digital Education. It's a free newsletter for people with a professional interest in ICT and Computing in education, ed tech, digital skills etc. This issue includes an article by William Lau on the 5 mistakes he made when teaching Computing, and an article by Sam Hunter on the ladders approach to assessing Computing.
For more information on what the new issue contains, read on.
- Survey: What Computing qualifications are you entering your students for?
- Competition results: Who won Brown Dogs and Barbers? Plus a heads-up about another forthcoming competition to win a book on using QR codes in education.
- Brexit and education technology: How has or might the decision by the UK to leave the European Union affect providers of ed tech-related stuff?
- Why reading by and for students is essential: Why you should get your students reading about Computing in the news.
- Discussion topics: 6 news topics to discuss with your pupils.
- 5 mistakes I made when teaching Computing, by William Lau: William reveals his mistakes so that you don't make the same ones.
- The KAP test: A way of evaluating people in ed tech.
- Top tip: a great use of space -- speaks for itself.
- 12 things Ive learnt about assessment: This relates to assessment in general and Computing in particular.
- Top tip: Coding Cadets -- a great idea, even if I do say so myself!
- The future of the teaching profession: Commentary on a conference I attended, and what it means for teachers of Computing etc.
- Useful links: other useful articles for Ed TEch, ICT and Computing Teachers, including a great one about Minecraft, Amazon's Inspire market place, the UK's Digital Bill, Practical approaches in assessing Computing, and 10 strategies for leading a technology department, and others.
- Bookshelf: What I've been reading.
- For your diary: Forthcoming conferences taking place in the UK, USA, Bulgaria and Singapore.
- Research corner.
- The EdTechX Europe Conference: Review.
- Digital Assessment: Review.
- The role of IT in the new assessment landscape, by Sam Hunter, of the Learning Ladders approach to assessment.
To sign up for the newsletter, please click on the button below.