The latest issue of Computers in Classrooms is now available, with the following games-related articles:
- It’s not about the game! Dawn Hallybone discusses activities surrounding games to maximise the benefits of games-based learning.
- Red Mist, the prison-based video game. Jude Ower tells us about a game which is won or lost by the state of your emotions!
- Creating a game – a positive impact on learning? David Luke reports on research he and colleagues undertook to determine, amongst other things, whether games-based learning disadvantages girls.
- Games-based learning: a personal view. Mother and computing graduate Amanda Wilson gives her opinion of games-based learning.
- Battling the barriers of games-based learning. John McLear explains how he set about developing a search engine for educational games.
- Conference discount details.
- News from around the world.
- Quick looks: first impressions of websites and publications.
Free subscription available here: http://www.ictineducation.org/newsletter/