Actually, the title is a bit of a misnomer because I don’t intend to analyse this poster! I thought it might be something to discuss with students from an ICT point of view. I saw it whilst travelling on a Docklands Light Rail train recently, and quite liked it. Your literacy colleagues may be interested too – can they spot the grammatical error?!
- Is it fit for purpose?
- Why/why not?
- Why has the photograph in the poster been done in the way it has?
- How might that photo have been created? Perhaps your students could create a picture like it.
- Several font styles have been used. Is this effective or distracting?
- Who is the audience at which this poster is aimed?
- How else could the message have been put across if the choice of medium was not limited?
- Oh, and that grammatical error: could it have been deliberate, since that is how most people speak?
- In the light of the answers to these questions, what Level of the ICT Programme of Study does this seem to equate to?